This weekend we had my sister-in-law's baby shower. I have been working on creating a diaper cake for her. I am not sure why this idea popped into my head...unique and practical, maybe?? My mother-in-law and sister-in-law, Ryan, helped contribute to the cake. While I was putting the diaper cake together, Lydia was watching my every move and thought it was the coolest thing. It was the first thing she showed people when they came over. So, I decided she should try making one right along side me for the neighbor who is having a boy. I bought her a package of diapers and one day during Ava's nap time, Lydia headed downstairs with the package. She began putting it all together...rolling it and wrapping them with rubber bands. She even inserted the paper towel roll through the layers herself. As an outing, she and I went to pick out baby gifts to attach to her cake. I was VERY proud of her! I think she did a terrific job. It was so cute because she enjoys being the "teacher" and began to show Ava how to roll the diapers;) Below are the pictures of the final products.
As part of the cake, I wanted to sew burp clothes out of cloth diapers because those are the best for absorbency! These were the sewing lessons I did with my aunt that I was describing in an earlier post. I was very pleased with how they turned out and look forward to making more. I may even attempt to sew some other useful gifts like hooded towels:) I wrapped the burp clothes around the bottom layer of the cake; a book, swaddler, and a sleeper around the middle layer; a "hooter hider" around the top. There were extra goodies stuck in and around the cake. Lydia and I are both excited to make another one:) Iam actually going to borrow Paul's grandmas sewing machine that she doesn't use. I am very ecstatic about this! I never thought I would take up sewing...I guess there's a first for everything.
Update on Isaac- He slept better Saturday night (fever-free during the day), but still woke up off and on every few hours whining. We just popped in his pacifier, and he went back to sleep. We actually had him sleeping upright in his swing (which we had put away) allowing him to breathe better because he was so stuffed up. So, we were dragging on Sunday with the lack of sleep and time change. Last night he did so much better and his nose isn't runny. He is almost back to himself...happy to be exploring on all fours and finally eating again. Paul and I really think it was a sinus infection. His snot went from clear to yellowish-green. Also, the first day he woke up with the fever, he did have puffy eyes (another sign from what we have read). He ate very little and didn't suck his pacifier because either it hurt and/or he couldn't breathe. To all you nurses, is that possible??? We are just so glad he is feeling better especially before our big trip to Great Wolf Lodge.
Home Show Fundraiser Vendor Websites
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment