So I thought I would start everyone's week off with a story to make you laugh. My friend Rachel suggested I put this on my blog:) I hope it makes you laugh as much as we did. Picture this...Pre-K through third graders had to meet by the gym in the basement of our church at 9:15 to prepare for waving palm leaves during the service. I dropped Lydia off and headed upstairs into the packed sanctuary, settling into our usual second row pew (due to frequent tardiness). After the Joyful Notes played, the kids began strolling down one of the center aisles, turning to the right to proceed down the next center aisle before heading out the back and up one of the side aisles. They were all waving their palm leaves with excitement. All of a sudden there was a large gap in the line. I was thinking to myself, "who is holding up the line?" Then, to my amazement it was a little blonde girl with a brown jumper on and brown cowgirl boots. Her head was hanging down with her chin pasted to her chest. She was peering at the floor with her long hair hanging down over the side of her face and walking VERY slowly, barely inching one foot in front of the other, with her palm leave dangling at the left side of her body under a TIGHT grip. YUP, you guessed it..my little Lydia was in one of her shy moments. Immediately Paul slid out of the pew to assist Lydia as she continued and finished her walk with the palm leave. She ended up last in line with the Pastor's daughter at her side to help and was so relieved when she put the palm leave down in a pile and could rejoin her mom and dad in the pew.
Next, about half-way through the sermon, the pager started vibrating against the wood back of the pew. This was a first for me ever with three kids! I walked out as fast as I could to the nursery (Lydia may get her phobia of crowds from me). It was Isaac. He was just not happy. Lately he has been crying when I leave the room! We have entered a new phase...should be interesting!
Then, before heading to church for the evening service, Ava wanted to wear undies. I thought, "OKAY. If she wants to do it, that's wonderful! I can't discourage her." I made her go the bathroom before we left. We have been bringing her into church during the evening service because it's less busy, so we can get her used to it before attempting the A.M. service. All of the sudden, we are sitting there in the chairs and she leans over to whisper to me, "Mommy, I pee." GREAT! It wasn't terrible, so we waited until the end of the service to take care of it. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that her leggings were inside out too. She has become very independent lately and wants to dress herself. You just have to LOVE kids and how every day is SO different. They always keep you on your toes, and I am so thankful for my three kids and these memories that we are creating!
Home Show Fundraiser Vendor Websites
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment