Our Little Family!

Our Little Family!

Friday, March 5, 2010

A NEW HOBBY

The sun is shining, and it's starting to feel warmer outside which means we are that much closer to spring! We booked a family trip to Great Wolf Lodge in a few weeks. Everyone is super excited to go that I decided to make a paper chain using two colors to create a pattern (Lydia is studying this in school) and help the kids conceptualize how many days until we leave. Lydia takes a "link" off each day and then counts how many are remaining. She says that when we get to three we can start packing so when we have only one left we don't forget. However, the next day she packed her and Ava's suitcases. They are sitting in the living room as I write this ready to be loaded into the van.

I have taken up sewing! I have always wanted to learn because I don't even know how to sew a button on! I was thinking it wouldn't be until after ALL the kids were in school, and I had more time for myself (if that will ever happen). However, I had this grand idea for a project that I wanted to attempt to make for an upcoming shower. My aunt is teaching me, and now I am hooked! I can't disclose the information or post pictures to the public until next weekend:) It has been so much fun, and I am really getting into it! I LOVE that there is a handmade piece to cherish at the end. I think a simple sewing machine will be on my birthday list. Anyone know of one for sale???

So, I came home after a sewing lesson last night around 9:30 and Paul said the girls were awake waiting for me to say goodnight. I went into their room and Lydia began climbing down from her bed. I was wondering why she was getting up. She came back, her and Ava's eyes bright eyed, with a personally wrapped gift (wedding paper) for me. I opened it up and it was a red fleece vest with a price tag from Goodwill. Paul said she had it in her head that I needed a red shirt and wanted to buy something for me. She had called me earlier in the evening to see what time I would be home. It was so thoughtful and sweet! It just melted my heart. She picked out a shirt for Paul there too (red and white). We will be all set for V-day next year:) It is not something I would pick out or probably wear. Now, however, I will have to wear it to show my appreciation for her kindness. That's what a loving mom will do, right??

Today, we went to the Allendale Literacy playgroup. The kids had a great time with the centers and received their free book about colors. I have been thinking about school a lot lately with enrollment for Kindergarten just around the corner. We keep tossing around the idea of moving, so I really don't want to sign Lydia up for anything yet because you have to pay an enrollment fee. We always said we would move before Lydia was in school...I just can't believe that day is almost here. It's crazy how fast time goes! I have looked into both Hudsonville Christian and Allendale Christian. I have heard wonderful things about both. Allendale only offers three full days a week (which is what I was leaning towards anyway) while Hudsonville offers three full day, all day, or 5 half days. Decision, decisions. I just keep praying for a clear answer whether we are supposed to move this spring/summer or in the future or maybe never. It's all about God's timing, and I learned from my bible study that I need to be patient and wait for His time.

I am looking forward to scrapping party tonight with a bunch of neighborhood girls. I enjoy the fact that all I need to take is the laptop:) Well, I better go enjoy the much needed sunshine!

No comments: