I am sitting here smelling the delicious aroma of homemade lasagna in the comforts of my warm home. We have entered a new stage at our house...Isaac is now officially crawling and climbing up on things! He is a little go-getter and reminds me so much of Lydia at this age. This adds new dynamics to our house. This time around there are more eyes watching him, so he doesn't get into trouble:) I am trying to feed him solids three times a day, and then I usually nurse an hour or so later. Also he has been gumming little puffs. It's hard to feed him three times on the days Lydia has preschool. He usually gets two meals that day. He LOVES to eat! I can't believe how much he can stuff into that little belly.
He might act more like Lydia, but looks more like Ava. We were looking back at pictures of Ava and had to do a double take. His cheeks are not quite has chubby, though:) Isaac has been a little more clingy and crabby lately. I am thinking he might be teething, but no signs of them emerging yet. Otherwise maybe he's just upset that he's not getting his way. This happens too already at the age of 7 months:) Isaac takes inconsistent naps during the day . It's so hard when we are on the go. I was so good about keeping Ava on a nap schedule but quite honestly, I think the third is along for the ride:) It's so different when you add the third to the mix. He may nap inconsistently and where ever during the day but always has the same bed time and sleeps wonderful during the night.
The girls love to help me prepare dinner, set the table, and bake. This past week, we made sugar cookies, Oreo popsicles, and homemade baby wipes. They love to help pour in the ingredients and, of course, lick the bowl. Lydia was most enthusiastic about the baby wipes so she could use them during diaper changes. Tomorrow we are baking heart-shaped cakes for the grandmas and grandpas for Valentine's Day.
On Lydia's snow day (Wednesday) I bundled Isaac all up and pulled the kids sledding down the road, and then they wanted to play on the swing set. Lydia noticed that the clouds were moving and this was the short conversation that took place:
(Lydia) Mom, the clouds are moving! How are they doing that? I think God is doing that"
(me) "Yes, I think he is"
(Lydia) "I think he is doing that by walking...I think I see him!"
The girls have been using their imaginations while playing together lately. They will take their little chairs from their bedroom and line them up in the living room. Then they will put on dress-up clothes, put in a CD, crank up the music, and stand on the chairs to sing to the tune, "Our God is an Awesome God". Then they shift gears and Lydia plays teacher to Ava. It's SO cute and memorable! We are still trying to work on "no pinching or hitting" with Ava. She only does this to her sister as a way to defend herself or express frustration. Often times, both girls get into trouble because Lydia is instigating the situation. Since they are so close in age, I hope some day they are the best of friends.
Home Show Fundraiser Vendor Websites
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment