This was my first week back at school for Professional Development days. The week was a little crazy, but the girls were able to experience day care for two half days (one at my neighbor's and one at Pat's). I have to say they did surprisingly well. Lydia actually gave me a hug and kiss, knowing that I was leaving. Ava reached a little bit for me, but there were no tears. I am sure that will be coming. Lydia seemed very comfortable with going and was excited to play with the other kids. I can tell she has grown up a lot since her last day care experience. I am so thankful that I took this past year off to be with Lydia and Ava. Even though it's difficult to leave them, I think it's easier when they are a little older, less dependent on you, and need the social interaction among other kids (if that make sense). Keep praying for our family as we begin to adjust to these changes and for me because my emotions are all over the board. Pray that I will continue to remember the positives of going back to work full time for one year.
Paul woke up this week with a very swollen, red eye. It woke him up during the night (Tuesday), and he was constantly itching it. I kind of thought it was allergies. Paul thought it was Eczema like what he had on his hands 10 years prior. He sat with an ice pack on it which made the swelling go down. However, the next night (Wednesday) the same symptoms returned. He wore sunglasses all day at work yesterday to mask his red, scaly eye. An eye doctor at Healthcare Associates looked at his eye and determined that there was nothing wrong with the eye itself, but with the lid. Also, he said it was allergies and told him to take Benedryl. In the meantime, Paul made an appointment with a Dermetologist. He woke up today with more itching, pain, red, and swolleness. The Dermetologist said it was a form of Eczema and prescibed steroids and ointment to get rid of it.
The girls are doing well. As I said, we had a great week. Today, I tried to do professional pictures. Those of you with one child, enjoy getting pictures taken because when you have two, it's almost impossible to get them both to smile and be happy at the same time (or maybe it's just my kids). This is probably why I rarely get professionals and stick to candids. Lydia actually poses for me:) Anyway, Lydia would NOT cooperate. She was laying on the floor crawling around and crying because she wanted a prop (egg) that the studio had. I was only able to get some decent pictures of Ava, Lydia, and some of all three of us. However, I didn't get any of the two of them together which was the whole purpose. I did take some decent pictures of them at a local flower garden that I think I might bring in to have blown up. Even though it was extremely stressful today to have a 3 year old crying uncontrollably, such is life:) It was either give in to her or let her learn the lesson that she can't have everything she wants. You know which option I chose:)
We are heading north for the weekend tomorrow. We will be staying with my in-laws Saturday to Sunday and then heading to my parent's cabin Sunday after church. I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing holiday weekend!
Home Show Fundraiser Vendor Websites
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment