Our Little Family!

Our Little Family!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

We just came back from a long weekend at the cottage. It was nice to have some rest and relaxation, just the four of us, before the busyness starts again. It was the most beautiful weather! We had so much fun playing by the water, tubing, looking for turtles in the fishing boat, and taking boat rides around the lake. Lydia is getting much more comfortable in the water. Ava has a "no fear" attitude and will walk into the water up to her neck, laughing. On Monday night, we went to Ludington for ice cream and walked around the Marina. It is such a small, quaint town. I love that feel. Now it's back to reality.

Last night we went to the Hudsonville Fair to pet the animals. Ava would talk to them, but not touch. Lydia ran up to each one and stuck her hand between the bars to get as close as she could. When asked which barn was her favorite, her reply was, "I liked the pigs, chickens, horses, and cows" :) Yes, that is all of the barns.

We recently changed car seats. Lydia is now in a booster with a back. It wasn't completely pink like someone wanted, but close enough (gray with pink and purple flowers). You can't always get what you want especially at the age of 3, right?? I never knew switching seats would be such a dilemma. Ava has Lydia's old toddler seat and this doesn't sit welll with her. Lydia wants to sit in the toddler seat and she said Ava can have her new flower one. Oh boy! Just imagine them in a few years when Ava can talk:)

As for my job situation, the part-time did not work out. Someone with more seniority got it. So, we have decided that it would be best for me to go back for one more year full-time to get my tenure. If I don't get my tenure, then I will have to do four years probation when I return to teaching. If, however, I receive my tenure prior to quitting, then I won't have to do any probation upon returning to Hudsonville or do two years probation if returning to another school district. After this year, I will need to decide whether I want to go part-time or not go back at all. I am excited to go back because I love teaching but am also sad because I have been used to being home every day with my girls. However, I am very fortunate in the day care situation. They will only be in day care for 2 1/2 days a week! Paul is able to watch them two half days (gotta love his flexible schedule), my mom 1 day, and my mother-in-law a half day. I can't complain! I have hired a house cleaner to come into my house which will help tremendously! In addition (because I am so anally organized), I have a schedule all typed up designating our roles at home. I have to keep in mind that it's really only for 9 months with Christmas and Spring break in there. It will be tough, but well worth it for my kids and my future.

We are looking forward to another weekend up north. Things have been crazy busy with me trying to get my classroom ready and still trying to do some things with the girls. I have decided that I am going to sign Lydia up for gymnastics in the fall. This is going to be our bonding time together:) She loves doing tumbling and as been entertained by the gymnasts at the Olympics. She says, "But mommy, I can't do that." Also, I want to sign Ava up for swimming lessons. She will do this with Dad. Does anyone know of a good program? Has anyone tried the YMCA?

Well, that's about all that is new with us. We have pretty much been doing the same little outings around here with the great weather....Lamar Park, Millenium, playing outside, and grocery shopping (if you can call this an outing:)

No comments: