Don't you just love it when two of your kids nap at the same time?? I was able to get my bathrooms cleaned and some laundry done...oh yeah and a personal pedicure from Lydia. Now I have a chance to update my blog and admire my bright red toe nails while Lydia proceeds to try on Isaac's 6-9 month pants (YES, they fit her and look like capris).
This week I purchased three cheap wood birdhouses for the girls to paint along with some kid-friendly sponges. I plan on hanging them from the ceiling to go with the nature theme in their room. I picked light pink, bright blue, and bright green. They have been BEGGING me all week to paint them, so last night was the night. Lydia, surprisingly picked blue and Ava did pink. I painted the third one all three colors to tie them together which proved to be more difficult than it sounds because I am such a perfectionist. The girls had so much fun and are so PROUD of their products! I had to be patient and not flip out over the mess:) I think it's SO neat that they were able to contribute to the decor. I will try to get some pictures posted. Lydia is especially excited to get them hung because SHE painted it for HER room. Now I just need to buy some ribbon.
This weekend we are looking forward to going to Double JJ ranch for some much needed family time. The kids are all very excited. The water park opens at 10 a.m. Saturday with check -in at 4. We can get there whenever we want and stay passed check-out the next day to use the park. We haven't officially decided what we are doing yet. It should be very interesting with two adults and THREE kids, one of which can't even walk! Oh well! I drag them in tow all the time no matter where we go, so I am up for the challenge:) Lydia's BIG challenge right now is deciding which bathingsuits to bring:) She tried them all on last night and said, "I just can't choice! I like them all!" She will probably be the one at the water park with pink polkadots peeking through her navy blue (with red cherries) suit and four shoulder straps hanging on her arms.
As I conclude this post, I want to leave you with something I learned in Bibe study this week with Beth Moore on the study of Esther that I hope you can cherish for this upcoming week and in your lives...we need to wait until it's God's time. Given our human nature we want "things" to happen now and prayers to be answered immediately and sometimes they are but other times they aren't. God wants us to be patient which can be difficult. It's amazing to me how He worked in Esther's life and how all the circumstances surrounding her played out, and it was all part of God's plan and TMING.
Home Show Fundraiser Vendor Websites
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment