Our Little Family!

Our Little Family!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

He has risen!

 Last week was a busy, L - O -N-G week due to several rainy days in a row and appointments. I had two photo shoots for my friend and neighbor along with trying to entertain three kids inside:) This proved to be challenging at times...entertaining the kids that is. The photo shoots went great!  One of the things the girls and I made was an Easter Bunny cake.  We also opened up our resurrection eggs prior to Easter as a way to tell the girls about the story of Jesus' crucifixion on the cross and resurrection.




On Maundy Thursday we enjoyed a nice service. On Saturday, my brother and sister-in-law took the girls to an Easter egg hunt at a park put on by my sister-in-law's aunt. The girls had a great time and especially liked it when Uncle Jesse stopped at the gas station on the way for a push pop candy:) I enjoyed the break:) After the hunt, my mom cut off Lydia's hair. Lydia has been begging me to have Mimi cut her hair really short so I don't have to comb it. I think I will still comb it, but it is much easier (Lydia has such think hair) and she looks so much better given her small frame. Next time, we may even go a little shorter:)

front

back (I actually had to straighten it because there were some weird curls after sleeping on a wet head:)

side

 Easter Sunday I had church nursery (which was packed with toddlers!), so I wasn't able to listen to the sermon. From what Paul told me, it was a really neat service.  After the service, we headed to Paul's parents' house for lunch with his aunts and uncle.  His mom and dad gave the kids Easter baskets filled with candy and other goodies. I made the family pose for some pictures prior to eating lunch:) Call me cheesy, but I love to pick out coordinating outfits on holidays and attempt to get a good picture:) Here are some pictures from his parents' house.














This one is my favorite:)
After lunch we headed home, and the kids participated in an organized Easter egg hunt. There were 19 kids from our cul-de-sac that participated overall. Our front yard was designated for 2 and under:) This was the first planned hunt, and I have a feeling it's going to become an annual tradition. The kids had a great time and worked together to help each other find the set amount of 20 eggs each (yes, we even made it educational:) Here are some pictures from the occasion:



They even had to check nearby mailboxes!



Isaac just liked everyone's candy:)

Some of the girls comparing their buckets.


On Tuesday, I took Lydia in for a follow-up ear check. Both ears were clear this time! Thank goodness! This is the second time where she required two rounds of Zithromax to clear up the infection. I am praying we make it through the school year with no more infections!

Phew! That was a lot of updating and pictures making this post long! I hope everyone else is finding things to do to stay busy during these rainy days. The kids were able to play outside for a bit today. I think a play area is on our list of things to do in the near future with more rain in the forecast:) Time for me to hit the hay! Good night!

No comments: