Our Little Family!

Our Little Family!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring, where are you??

The butterflies are blooming at the FMG! Last week, we headed there to take a peek with some friends. The kids were walking around with butterflies on their fingers! I have never experienced this in the past. It's always fun to go there and check out the butterflies and the pupa and larva stages in the life cycle. We are actually heading there again later this week with my mother-in-law (annual tradition).





This past Sunday and Monday, Lydia had woken up very early in the morning complaining that her ears hurt. She didn't experience the pain while up during the day due to less pressure on the ear drums. I called the doctor on Monday and took her in. She did indeed have a double ear infection and was put on Zithromax (sp??) again. The doctor said that we may want to meet with an ENT doctor and consider tubes. However, she went on to say that the end of ear infection/flu season is the end of April, so we could just ride it out and see what happens next year if this infection clears up. At this point we would like to ride it out. It's so close to being the end of sick season. I think I would be quicker to do it if she wasn't so old! She is almost 6! We'll have to just wait and see.

To make matters worse, Lydia woke up early Tuesday morning (2 a.m.) saying her stomach hurt and puked. Paul expressed that he had done that earlier before going to bed. Then literally five seconds later, Ava came up the stairs crying, saying that she had puked. Not so sound gross, but thankfully neither child puked up a lot of liquid. The loud crying woke Isaac up. We retreated to the couch, so the three sick ones could contaminate the bed:) So, Isaac and I spent the next day washing EVERYTHING and changing the bedding, disinfecting, mopping, etc. The girls and Paul (who took off of work) pretty much slept the entire day. They did drink some water and Ginger Ale and ate crackers later on Tuesday. I still kept Lydia home today from school because she was complaining of a stomach ache and looked a little pale yet. They have both been eating and drinking normal again, though. We are praying that it's out of our house now and that Isaac and I can remain healthy.

Speaking of Isaac...he is actually using the potty to go pee. He was really expressing interest by taking off his diaper and getting on the toilet by himself. We went with it and I continue to put him on occasionally. I have to admit that I need to do it more consistently. Diapers are just SO convenient:) He does go pee when I put him on. I think he enjoys flushing the best:)


I am looking forward to some warmer weather whenever it decides to make an appearance. The kids enjoy being outside, and it's so nice to take walks together. Even though the sun has been out lately, it's so cold! Hopefully next week the temps will be up for Spring Break...I am crossing my fingers:)

No comments: