The busyness of the holiday has begun. Our calendar is filling up with Christmas parties and Christmas music is filling the air. I have been busy sewing up a storm! I have made several gifts for the girls and Isaac this year. They really don't need any more toys nor are they asking for any. Also, I have been busy making teacher gifts which explains why the only Christmas decor you can find around my house right now is a decorated Christmas tree (that the girls decorated:) I have SO much more to get out, but haven't really had a chance.
This week, our schedule changed a bit. Lydia had school Monday, Tuesday, Friday instead of M,W, F because her Christmas program was Tuesday night. The program was held at APS's Ceglarek Center. It was wonderful! We actually got a few pictures of Lydia with her mouth moving this year:) Then on Wednesday and Thursday, the girls and I made a whole bunch of Christmas cookies. My mom had this Taste of Home magazine with several great cookie/candy recipes. I picked 6 different ones, and we worked diligently for those two days baking. In an effort to teach the girls that Christmas is more about GIVING than receiving, we talked about how some older people are unable to get out of their homes and appreciate visits and LOVE from others. The girls kept saying, "We are baking cookies for the old people because they can't get out of their houses." We headed to the store to pick out Christmas plates, bows, and labels. The girls formed an assembly line and they were each in charge of putting some cookies onto a plate before I wrapped them. Then Lydia and Ava took turns putting bows on top. I knew Lydia was excited because I noticed half of the plates were gone. I asked her, "Where are the rest of the plates??" Lydia's response was, "I put them in the van." Last night we were able to deliver some to the Hudsonville/Jenison areas and chit chat with the elderly.
Today Ava, Isaac, and I did some Christmas shopping in Grandville before meeting Paul for lunch at Health Care Associates (one of the companies he works for). I must say this is such a GREAT company! His boss is always thinking of his employees and families. Earlier in the summer he did a Craig's Cruisers party and invited all his employees and their families. All families could eat from the buffet and received tokens to do several activities. Anyway, today he catered in Famous Daves, had a punch bowl, coffee stand, and dessert table all decorated for Christmas. There was a decorated Christmas tree set up with books and small little toys for the kids to pick from. Plus, his boss was very present (as he always is) greeting each person and family as they strolled through the door. We feel truly blessed that Paul is fortunate enough to work for a company where the boss truly cares about his employees and their families rather than fulfilling number/quotas.
Saturday afternoon Lydia has her Chuch Christmas program practice. The program is Sunday night. I can't wait to see if she will sing at this one!!! :) Well, it's time to pick Lydia up from the bus stop! Remember to take time and slow down this season to count your many blessings and ENJOY spending time with family and friends!
Home Show Fundraiser Vendor Websites
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment