Our Little Family!

Our Little Family!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Time Flies

Everyone is healthy in our household, so we are thankful for that. Ava continues to get breathing treatments every day. Lately we have been adding the extra medicine because she exhibits runny noses and a slight cough. Ava will no longer be attending football games due to the cold weather. Lydia, on the other hand, has been going with Paul (either Calvin Christian to watch her Uncle Joe or Hudsonville to support her mommy's school). She absolutely loves them!

We are getting ready for Halloween. Lydia has decided to be a ballerina after reading a Berenstain Bear book. We got everything we need for her outfit. We are just waiting for my mom to make the tutu. Ava is going to be a leopard princess. I think it's actually a witch costume, but I hate witches for obvious reasons, so we are going to make it into a princess costume.

Lydia continues to make us laugh. One instance that stands out in my mind is the other day when she dressed up in her princess outfit, she said, "Mom, when I get bigger like dad, I am going to get married" (she always associates getting bigger with her dad for some reason). I asked who she was going to marry. She proceeded to tell me "my dad." Then she wanted to dance with him while wearing her princess dress. It was the cutest thing ever! Yes, we captured some pictures.

Ava doesn't really say actual words yet (still lots of baby talk), but definitely knows what she wants. She reaches for things with her hand making the "good" sign (the thumb and index finger making a circle while the other three fingers are out). Also, she is starting to reach with her hand moving her fingers in and out to make a fist when she wants something. If we don't get her the right thing, she definitely lets us know. She knows how to give kisses and has been giving plenty of them. It's amazing to me how different children can be. That is what makes raising children so exciting!

Paul and I continue to stay busy at work. We are in a routine, and he enjoys his days off with the girls. My house cleaner started this week. It was so nice coming home to a clean house. We are ready to start another week. I just can't believe how fast time is going. God has blessed us so much. We are so thankful for all that He has and continues to provide for us.

No comments: